MKIVSupraStar.com
MKIVSupraStar.com
Admin Login

Exterior Modifications

Re-spray

Right from the start I had the idea of giving the car a re-spray. I didn't have the money to do it right away but when I started saving I decided that I would do everything at the one go. I started buying the bits and bobs that I wanted to put onto the car. It started with the TRD spoiler, then the overfenders, then the spats, then the front bumper and lastly the UK scoop & hood. Once I had all the bits and bobs it was time to send her in. I didn't take many pictures of the re-spray itself but I have put up what I have.


7028f23452c690a20812f00d03b8fe1c d3354d5e275c18a270fe5f9ac1b743b2 1fc50ffc77b1b21ccabb015158408325 f58930ff99470bd292c81e4b72b8b317 8a42024ffb765e59d1620e2c756bc5d3 e28df44c5c3bb2459f25877a67a846a4 55b7f78e4b1bcca2e8251b1f5b5f607a 75b4a79752633fcc589ff34cbf805d6e bd6b927264c910ddcf1f8381d09740e3 ebd2dbc3235584477cfeafcb4c86114a e501f01f714836c1480c453a0ce4ae0e 88ec049c1f90d8a917d69ea5561c727c

 

Rear Lights

For ages I have wanted to get stock Jspec rear lights. Reason being I have always had UK spec and I prefer the "Afterburner" look. At the same time I decided to do the 'full on' fog light mod. Everything went great until I went to transfer the C-West light covers over..... I cracked one of them. This left me with a bit of a dilemma, either do without, buy new ones or tint the lenses. After having so much success with the ETech spray I decided to give that stuff a go. The results were VERY impressive. I'm going to give them a quick lacquer for that full on gloss finish.... still to do though. Picture shows the old UK spec above, and the new Jspec below.

 
IMG_5264-1000

 

The new lights didn't last long. I got the opportunity to purchase a set of facelift lights at a good price. What with my car being a facelift I decided to jump at the chance. You wouldn't know it, due to the tinting, but my lights are now facelift.

 
IMG_6256-1000

 

Exhaust

The exhaust was something that always bugged me. When I bought the car the guy said it had been De-Catted. Being naive I didn't check this but when I got it home and had a look it turns out it had 1 de-cat, the 2nd and less important one. One of my early purchases was a 1st de-cat. Having a look at the exhaust itself it appeared to be a 2.5" custom powerflow exhaust. I decided to get rid of it when I bought a de-cat pipe and it wouldn't fit properly without some cutting and shutting. Also I wanted a 3" exhaust that was lightweight and took as direct a route as possible. Soooo after a bit of browsing I eventually settled upon an RSR GT II exhaust system. At the same time I had to get a 2nd de-cat as the one on the car was made at the same time as the exhaust system so was only 2.5". I fitted the exhaust myself, got a few sore ones in the process lol. This is the finished article.

 

Before


DSCF1799 DSCF1810


After


DSCF1809 DSCF1810